[Bash-completion-devel] [SCM] bash-completion branch, master, updated. 1.3-365-g2a05603

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat Jun 18 11:47:40 UTC 2011

On 06/14/2011 10:31 PM, David Paleino wrote:

> +# Blacklisted completions, causing problems with our code.
> +#
> +_blacklist_glob='@(acroread.sh)'

I considered this approach earlier for the Fedora bash-completion
package, but did not choose to do it for these reasons:

* It disables loading of the upstream acroread completion completely,
and their completion covers more stuff than our filedir-only one.

* It remains disabled even if Adobe fixes the problem, and if users fix
it locally.

Therefore instead of blindly blacklisting it, I chose to redefine our
_filedir in a separate always-installed snippet so that it takes effect
even if something broke it; this approach does not have the above drawbacks:

http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=bash-completion.git;a=commitdiff;h=e8b29deb930eb5907e35804e775af49c69b20575

With this implementation, the "something" referred to in the above needs
to be in a snippet starting alphabetically before r, and acroread.sh is
there.  I think this would be a better approach also in upstream
bash-completion, for example in a snippet like zz_filedir (and we could
remove _filedir from bash_completion if it was done this way).