[Bash-completion-devel] improvements for tar, cryptsetup, imagemagick completions and the _parse_help function

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun May 1 17:22:42 UTC 2011

On 05/01/2011 12:15 AM, Frank Harwald wrote:

> I have made some improvements on the bash-completions for tar, cryptsetup, imagemagick
> and the _parse_help function.
[...]
> everything is in the gzipped tar ball attached to this mail. The _parse_help function
> is in a diff -u.

Thanks for your contribution.  However, a lot of development has
happened since the version you based your versions on (I guess "1.2-3"
Debian?) so your work needs rebasing against current git, and some of
the things in your tarball have already been done differently/obsoleted
(for example _parse_help I believe).  It's possible that someone here
will eventually get to it, but it's almost guaranteed that if the
submitter takes care of it and does the submission in self contained
small enough chunks, stuff ends up in git faster.

To submit patches, grab a fresh clone from git, work on it, use "git
format-patch origin/master" to generate the patches.  Then send them as
attachments, or use "git send-email" to send them to this list.
Preferably include test cases in your patches, see the test and doc dirs
in a git clone.

http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/BashCompletion/Git
http://git.debian.org/?p=bash-completion/bash-completion.git;a=summary