[Bash-completion-devel] [PULL REQUEST] pkgtools, rpm2tgz, slackpkg, sbopkg and slapt-get/slapt-src completions

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon May 2 10:31:47 UTC 2011

On 05/02/2011 03:24 AM, Igor Murzov wrote:
> I'm requesting to pull a branch
> 'slackware' on git://github.com/GArik/bash-completion.git
> It contains completions for pkgtools, rpm2tgz, slackpkg, sbopkg and slapt-get
> / slapt-src. All these completions are tested (see discussion on LQ:
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/slackware-14/bash-completion-package-
> needs-testing-875458/)

Merged, thanks.  Some comments:

If any of the affected tools use --foo=bar style arguments, consider
using  the newly added -s argument to _init_completion or _split_longopt
where appropriate.  At least the slackpkg completion seems to be a
candidate for this.

Some cases for the test suite would be nice.  (Very) basic sanity check
ones can be generated with "./generate foo" in the test dir.

I pushed a change that added lost/missing local variables settings block
at end of each affected file, please keep it around.

Consider using _parse_help instead of hardcoded option lists, it has
been improved quite a bit recently.  I'll push a _parse_usage function
today that does similar things as _parse_help for tools whose usage/help
message doesn't look like the GNU one, but rather the BSD (?) one
(options in brackets, mostly short ones).