[Bash-completion-devel] Get stuck

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon May 23 21:15:20 UTC 2011

On 05/23/2011 11:57 PM, Raph wrote:

> and I'm interested too in knowing how to deals with COMP_WORDBREAK,
> (especially using properly the API)

I think the API facilities we have for this are the -n arguments to
_get_comp_words_by_ref and _init_completion.  I don't claim to
understand anywhere near all there is to it, but we additionally have
__ltrim_colon_completions which is used in a few completions; not sure
if we'd need something like that for other things besides colons that
get possibly removed from COMP_WORDBREAKS by whatever means.