[Bash-completion-devel] bash-completion 1.90

Igor Murzov intergalactic.anonymous at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 23:24:38 UTC 2011

On Thu, 3 Nov 2011 12:28:03 +0100
David Paleino <dapal at debian.org> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> I just released bash-completion 1.90, a "preview" of bash-completion 2.0,
> featuring (..drumroll..) dynamic loading of completions (thanks to Ville!).
>
> The changes in this release from 1.3 are available at:
>
>     http://bash-completion.alioth.debian.org/files/CHANGES-1.90
>
> Please packagers, try to provide this version to your distribution users, so
> that we can test it thoroughly and find as many bugs as possible before
> releasing 2.0.
>
>     http://bash-completion.alioth.debian.org/files/bash-completion-1.90.tar.bz2
>     http://bash-completion.alioth.debian.org/files/bash-completion-1.90.tar.gz
>
> It would be best if you could provide it in some "experimental" branch of your
> distribution, allowing for some wide testing

I made a package for Slackware and it is here:

  https://github.com/downloads/GArik/bash-completion/bash-completion-1.90-noarch-1ga.txz

SlackBuild and patches can be found in documentation directory inside the tarball.

As there is no "experimental" branch in Slackware, I don't know where to upload it :) Robby, if you want to get some testing for this package, you can put it to slackware-current.

-- Igor