[Bash-completion-devel] [SCM] bash-completion branch, master, updated. 1.3-512-g9717124

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Nov 7 16:41:16 UTC 2011

On 11/07/2011 05:12 PM, Igor Murzov wrote:
> I pushed new variant of the fix to the "service" branch. Can you look into it?

I didn't look into the code that closely, but it works as expected in
all test cases I threw at it, cool.

The branch seems to be lagging behind some commits from master, so be
careful not to lose them when merging it.

> On Sun, 06 Nov 2011 17:44:38 +0200
> Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta at iki.fi> wrote:
>
>> I've eyeballed the xinetd.d part earlier too and I have a feeling that
>> it shouldn't be used in this context anyway and that part should
>> probably be just removed.  xinetd services are not to my knowledge
>> managed by the same tools or used the same way as sysv init ones anyway.
>
> I have nothing to say about this. Haven't used it at all.

It seems it was Guillaume who submitted the patch that added it, see
commit 13ac864.  Guillaume, comments?

>> systemctl comes from systemd, but that part is very much optional and
>> should stay there.  http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd
>
> There is no systemd in Slackware.

Yet :)  Anyway, as said, that part of the completion shouldn't hurt
anything on setups that don't have it.