[Bash-completion-devel] [bash-completion-Bugs][313396] Broken Completion for chgrp

bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Sun Oct 23 22:42:33 UTC 2011

Bugs item #313396, was changed at 2011-10-23 22:28 by Igor Murzov
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=413095&aid=313396&group_id=100114

Original bug number:

Initial Comment:
The _chgrp() function in the coreutils file in bash-completion does not fully complete.  It simply displays a list of available groups for the current user no matter what characters are entered.

Packages:
bash-completion 1.3

Additional information:
I am on archlinux, and they would prefer this to be sent upstream. I am not sure if the files have been modified during packaging, but it is unlikely. If that is the case, I have included the original coreutils file as well in case the patch file does not work.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Enter 'chgrp' on a bash shell
2. Press Tab key [twice] for a list of available groups
3. Enter unambiguous characters from one of the groups
4. Press Tab key [to complete]
No completion occurs, it simply repeats step 2

Fix:
_allowed_groups -> _allowed_groups "$cur"
The attached patch file addresses the issue.

Date: 2011-10-24 02:42

Message:
This bug already fixed in the master branch. See: http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=bash-completion/bash-completion.git;a=commit;h=42b107bcfcb8ce7c9deb9bc449574accabddff5f
Thanks for report.