[Bash-completion-devel] lrzip: conflict - bash completion also in package bash-completion

Con Kolivas kernel at kolivas.org
Mon Sep 19 22:39:48 UTC 2011

On Tue, 20 Sep 2011 02:35:51 Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On 09/19/2011 01:09 PM, Con Kolivas wrote:
> > Thanks Jari. I don't mind that file being included int he bash completion
> > package instead of lrzip itself. I simply was not aware of whose
> > responsibility the completion file was. I'd like to tag and release a
> > clean 0.608 version to avoid this problem on other distros too.
>
> I wasn't aware of lrzip shipping its completion either.  There are
> upsides and downsides to having completions shipped in corresponding
> packages or bash-completion, but in my personal opinion, if done
> properly, it's a bit better overall if they're in the corresponding
> upstream packages.
>
> Let us know how you intend to proceed with this; if you prefer to
> continue shipping the completion with lrzip, I'll do what we usually do
> in cases like this: deprecate the one in bash-completion, rename it with
> an underscore prefix to avoid file level conflicts, and not install it
> by default.

This is actually the first time I've included the completion, which is why the
conflict only showed up now. I didn't write it and wasn't really planning on
maintaining one. It just happened that someone contributed one so I included
it. I'd much rather it stayed part of the bash completion package, but could
you possibly use this new one instead since it appears more complete?

Thanks,
Con

--
-ck