[Bash-completion-devel] [bash-completion-Bugs][311400] DBTS 320390: Does not tab complete a file created after tab is pressed once

bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Wed Jan 18 00:18:12 UTC 2012

Bugs item #311400, was changed at 2009-01-30 12:06 by Igor Murzov
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=413095&aid=311400&group_id=100114

Original bug number: 320390

Initial Comment:
From: Matt Kraai <kraai at ftbfs.org>
To: Debian Bug Tracking System <submit at bugs.debian.org>
Subject: bash: Does not tab complete a file created after tab is pressed once
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:30:15 -0700

Package: bash
Version: 3.0-15
Severity: minor

If I try to complete a file name before the file is created, once the
file is created, trying to complete the file name again displays the
name of the file instead of completing it:

 tty1: $ cat f<TAB>
 tty2: $ touch foo
 tty1: <TAB>
       foo
       $ cat f

It would be better if it completed the file name in this case.

Date: 2012-01-18 04:18

Message:
This doesn't work without bash-completion either. I assume this is not a bash-completion issue.