[Bash-completion-devel] Fw: I don't think this is a bug, that is why I am sending you a mail

Igor Murzov e-mail at date.by
Mon Jul 9 11:03:36 UTC 2012

Начало пересылаемого сообщения:

Дата: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 12:13:00 +0200
От: Tommy Bollman <tommy.bollman at gmail.com>
Кому: Igor Murzov <e-mail at date.by>
Тема: Re: [Bash-completion-devel] I don't think this is a bug, that is why I am sending you a mail

Hello Igor!

Thanks for answering.

Bash itself works perfectly. It also works with bash_completion 1.3 when I
just change the path to the source files, and the bash_completion.d though
it errs on a couple of items namely _python, xz and tar.

Well, I use bash version 4.x so I figured it was best to use the latest
version, but the bash_completion, totally locks up every thing, (not having
tried any meta key to bypass), when I have it sourced, it even locks up
commands for which I have done a "complete -r" for.

I'll come back to you, doing one more test, as I have had some completion
scripts sourced, that is not coming with the origin of the bash_completion
package.

And as you have seen how I have done it, I have made my own etc:  ~/etc and
put it all under there, because packet managers on OsX these days, they
don't play nice with the others…
Below is the output, showing you the result when *only* version 1.99 is
involved:

895$ ls
ls        lsbom     lsdistcc  lsg       lsm       lsof      lsvfs
895$ ls
ls        lsbom     lsdistcc  lsg       lsm       lsof      lsvfs
895$ ls *l
-bash: /bin/ls: Argument list too long
896$ ls *
-bash: /bin/ls: Argument list too long
897$ vim *
Display all 186 possibilities? (y or n)
897$ vim cd prj
-bash: /Users/tommybollman/bin/vim: Argument list too long
898$ cd Prj
/Users/tommybollman/Documents/Prj
899$ ls
-bash: /bin/ls: Argument list too long
899$ ls
-bash: /bin/ls: Argument list too long
900$ comple -r ls
-bash: comple: command not found
901$ complete -r ls
-bash: complete: ls: no completion specification
902$ Complete -r ls
-bash: Complete: command not found
903$ ls
-bash: /bin/ls: Argument list too long
903$ comple -r /bin/ls
-bash: comple: command not found
904$ complet -r /bin/ls
-bash: complet: command not found
905$ complete -r /bin/ls
-bash: complete: /bin/ls: no completion specification
906$ ls
-bash: /bin/ls: Argument list too long
906$

Cheers