[Bash-completion-devel] Patch: no-ls-parse

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Fri Jul 27 05:16:55 UTC 2012

On 2012-07-26 22:46, Martin Ueding wrote:

> So maybe we should put a LC_COLLATE=C in the top of the file? Although
> that might have side effects …

Yes, that's out of the question because it'll affect things other than
bash-completion. We can store the old LC_COLLATE value (well, actually
we need to use LC_ALL because that'll override LC_COLLATE if set) and
reset to it after we've done, but personally I find that uglier than the
current code and don't quite see why we're wasting this much time on
something that hasn't been shown to have a problem, but... meh.