[Bash-completion-devel] [bash-completion-Bugs][314228] Patch for screen completion functions

bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Sun Apr 28 23:58:32 UTC 2013

bash-completion-Bugs item #314228, was opened at 2013-04-28 18:58 by Ethan Warth
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=413095&aid=314228&group_id=100114

Original bug number:

Initial Comment:
I made some changes locally to the functions that perform bash completion for screen.  The changes provide better recognition for less common but valid command line parameter combinations such as "screen -d -r", "screen -x -RR", "screen -xr", "screen -dRR", and "screen -wipe session" (many of these use cases resulted in a premature call to _command_offset in the previous version).  I also changed the "-ln" parameter to "-ls" and added "-RR" as a valid bash complete parameter (since the man page for screen describes it explicitly and as distinct from "-R").

Attached is a patch file and a copy of the patched version (in case I botched the patch somehow).  Although I don't think I broke anything, I only did cursory testing that focused on the cases I was trying to handle differently.