[Bash-completion-devel] bash completion 2.1 problem

Rudra Banerjee rudra.banerjee at aol.co.uk
Thu May 30 10:02:58 UTC 2013

Hello,
Sorry for mailing, rather then using bug reporting page. I am facing
problem with bash-completion 2.1.

while in make, using tab to bash-autocomplete, I am getting prompt like
"bash: (standard: command not found..."
 i.e. if I press tab after "make cl", it promts like
$make clbash: (standard: command not found...
ean
as you can see, job is done, but in a messy way.

I tried to discuss this in fedora irc, but it is said that:

"bash completion is broken in way multiple places in its code."
and also in bash-completion irc, without any response.

I am using
bash-completion2.1 in fedora 18.