[Bash-completion-devel] bash completion 2.1 problem

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu May 30 15:06:29 UTC 2013

On 2013-05-30 13:02, Rudra Banerjee wrote:

> while in make, using tab to bash-autocomplete, I am getting prompt like
> "bash: (standard: command not found..."

I cannot reproduce. Do a "set -x" in a shell, then invoke the
completion, capture the output, and paste it to either the
alioth.debian.org or bugzilla.redhat.com bug trackers.

Just a thought: maybe you have a "command not found" handler installed
which outputs the above, search for command_not_found_handle in the bash
man page and try "type command_not_found_handle".

> I tried to discuss this in fedora irc, but it is said that:
>
> "bash completion is broken in way multiple places in its code."

Sure. Almost all software is. But without specifying the details
statements like that are pretty much FUD and not likely to be helpful to
anyone IMO.