[Bash-completion-devel] Some advise for bash-completion/bash_completion

Dave Hello hsu at peterdavehello.org
Wed Feb 5 04:06:08 UTC 2014

Hello all,

I wanna ask to remove_expand() function in bash_completion, because bash
already have the function (ref:
http://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/html_node/Readline-Init-File-Syntax.html#Readline-Init-File-Syntax),
just set  expand-tilde on and it will works fine, so I think there is no
necessary to write and use another single function to handle it, and
expand-tilde's default setting is off, after installing bash-completion,
bash expands tildes automatically, but people use 'bind -v | grep
expand-tilde' will get 'set expand-tilde off', if will make me confused ...
if you google this issue, it already made many people confused, that's
really make no sense, hope you developer can agree with me, and sorry for
my poll English skill, thanks a lot.

Regards,
Peter