[Bash-completion-devel] [bash-completion-Bugs][314714] gendiff and sqlite3 are broken with failglob

bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org bash-completion-bugs at alioth.debian.org
Thu Jun 5 20:24:34 UTC 2014

bash-completion-Bugs item #314714 was changed at 05/06/2014 22:24 by Dams Nadé
You can respond by visiting:
https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=413095&aid=314714&group_id=100114

Original bug number:

Initial Comment:
When enabling failglob, "gendiff >[TAB]" prints an error.

I've managed to trace this error in both the completion/gendiff file and in _init_completion function in bash_completion.

See the attached patches, it's pretty straightforward.

The 3rd patch fixes the same kind of issue for the sqlite3 completion.

Comment By: Dams Nadé (anvil-guest)
Date: 05/06/2014 22:24

Message:
No, the sqlite3 patch is not required anymore. It's included among things Igor has changed earlier.

"sqlite3 [TAB]" was just failing to me when failglob was enabled.

Comment By: Ville Skyttä  (scop-guest)
Date: 05/06/2014 21:54

Message:
gendiff patch applied with minor change in commit message; we like them to contain some identification about affected things usually in the form of prefix in the message so one can see what a commit affects just by looking at the message.

Is the third patch still needed? If yes, could you provide a recipe how to trigger an issue when it's not applied?

Comment By: Dams Nadé (anvil-guest)
Date: 05/06/2014 09:11

Message:
It seems Igor Murzov fixed a bunch of this issues in the git a few hours ago. gendiff is still broken though. :-)