[Bash-completion-devel] Improvements and bug fixes for "make" completion - plus help needed with the test suite

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Wed May 13 14:33:34 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 27, 2015 at 2:41 AM, Tristan Wibberley
<tristan.wibberley at gmail.com> wrote:
> Resending with a useful subject line
>
> On 20 April 2015 at 13:00,
> <bash-completion-devel-request at lists.alioth.debian.org> wrote:
>
> [snipped digest mail]
>>
>> Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2015 16:05:30 +0300
>> From: Ville Skytt? <ville.skytta at iki.fi>
>> <CABr9L5ADihGZEx08Qp3OBhCuP0CPyuJ2yHUyMJ0Ze0U2+dN9tg at mail.gmail.com>
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 5, 2015 at 5:31 PM, Tristan Wibberley
>> <tristan.wibberley at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Secondly, please would you have a look at the bundle and consider
>> > applying
>> > it?.
>>
>> I started looking into it. For me this is the first time I've come
>> across git bundles and I must say that for contributions like this I
>> find the format-patch/send-email approach which is documented in our
>> README *much* preferrable. Could you please follow that in the future?
>
> Certainly, it was also the first time I used git bundles so I thought I'd
> try it out.

I tried to continue looking into this but I cannot figure out how to
continue extracting stuff from the bundle now that I've already
applied one commit from it, master has moved on, and I don't have the
remote I initially created for the bundle available any longer.

Could you resend the remaining patches with format-patch/send-email?

> Any thoughts on the problem with the test case for the hidden target
> completion?

Unfortunately no, I haven't got that far yet.