[Bash-completion-devel] Automatic option parser

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Thu Sep 22 09:12:50 UTC 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 11:05 AM, vrishab in <vrishab.in at gmail.com> wrote:
>   I tried parsing --help, but didn't want to do it. Is there a helper available for that ?

Yes, see _parse_help, there are multiple examples of its usage
included with bash-completion. For rhythmbox which takes --help-all,
see e.g. completions/deja-dup in git master, and for rhythmbox-client
just leave the --help-all out (--help is the default). I think those
should work fine.

Note also that this mailing list is not really in use any more. The
project has moved to https://github.com/scop/bash-completion