[Blend-tinker-devel] HyperBorg introduction

Imre, Nagy imren at hyperborg.com
Mon Nov 9 15:26:08 GMT 2020

Hi,

Long story short: on my ITP call, I was redirected here, since our goals
might overlap.

I both tried to use Domoticz and Home Assistant, but I do feel that
their style, GUI and concept can be improved. Since home management is
one key hobby of my own, I have started the HyperBorg project. (Demo is
at https://hyperborg.com)

Key factors:
- Scratch like interface, so anyone could create a valid program for
his/her own system quickly
- Distributed/decentralised system: when one of the devices falls out,
the whole system is still working further (in reduced mode)
- WebAssembly GUI -> forget about REST, AJAX and so ... what we have
here is a fully empowered and responsive C++ Qt app in your browser
- etc, etc

In a more general approach, it is a framework that tries to connect IoT
devices together. Ex. you have a sensor array on a PI and an SQL server
on another one. As long as they can communicate over TCP/IP, they work
together and your sensor's data goes into SQL.

Current status:
Before POC. It is a bit far away from minimal usable version. It DOES
connect to each other and controls my lights via I2C (and could read
1Wire), but it still requires me to operate. It would greately improve
in the next 2 months.

What I need from you:
- I need inspiration from you what you need (If I am not mistaken, you
have interest in a system like this)
- I would like to collaborate in packaging my stuff in a Debian Blend
(or Yocto image). I have no knowledge on how to create a src package on
my own, and certainly I would make it bad in the first some runs (and I
would prefer implementing stuff rather than packaging it). I do not know
where is the acceptable balance, how much should I pre-diegest my
package, so you would feel that fair to work with that.

Best regards,
Imre