Debian - pilot-link plucker jpilot - upstream issue tracking (bts-link)

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Sat Jun 6 10:36:07 UTC 2009

Hi Ludovic,
I'm writing you since you're the maintainer of pilot-link plucker jpilot .

As you might know, Debian has a tool to regularly check upstream issue
trackers to monitor the status of forwarded bugs: bts-link[1].

[1] http://bts-link.alioth.debian.org/

Sadly, [2] and [3] (the issue trackers for these packages) tend to
blacklist too aggressively clients that generate some traffic on them.

[2] http://bugs.pilot-link.org
[3] http://bugs.jpilot.org/

I've already tried to contact upstream but I got no reply (maybe due
to some problem with MLs).

Since you got a lot of forwarded bugs for those packages, I think it's
important that they can be monitored by bts-link.

So I'm here to kindly ask you to leverage on upstream to lower the
blacklist limit, at least for Debian project machine (as of now, I run
the script from merkel). If they want, we can provide IPs or host
names/domains to whitelist us.

Thanks a lot in advance for your collaboration.

Regards,