Debian machines are blacklisted on http://bugs.pilot-link.org?

Ludovic Rousseau ludovic.rousseau at free.fr
Sat Jun 6 16:49:14 UTC 2009

I also Cc: the btslink admins. It is not really funny to be a human mail
  proxy :-)

David A. Desrosiers a écrit :
> On Sat, 2009-06-06 at 14:29 +0200, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
>> Can you have a look to see the problem. And possibly relax the
>> blacklisting if that is the problem?
>
> The 'btslink' spider/harvester running on merkel.debian.org and
> inf-6632.int-evry.fr have each spidered the bugtracker > 85 times in
> less than 3 minutes, tripping both to be blacklisted.

The btslink admin said:
" 85 requests / 210 seconds = not even a request ever 2 seconds, that
for a public website is near to nothing (IMO).

We do a page access for each forward link, every time the tool is executed.

Anyhow, we run bts-link only twice a week (at times even less
frequently). Is it possible to ask for definitive whitelisting to the
admin? At least for the merkel ip. "

> If you know who runs the spiders that run on those IPs, please tell them
> to tune it back so it doesn't spider so fast, and it will stay under the
> radar and not be blocked by the monitoring.

What would be an acceptable request rate?

> I've manually removed them for now. Please try to access it again and
> see if it continues to function for you.

Thanks

--
  Dr. Ludovic Rousseau