Debian machines are blacklisted on http://bugs.pilot-link.org?

David A. Desrosiers david.a.desrosiers at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 17:01:59 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-06-06 at 18:49 +0200, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:
> We do a page access for each forward link, every time the tool is
> executed.

Each time "btslink" hits the server, it pulls 85 pages in under 3
minutes. For a data-driven site that takes 2-3 seconds to execute the
query, that unnecessarily hammers the database server, so the system
automatically throttled it back.

> Anyhow, we run bts-link only twice a week (at times even less
> frequently). Is it possible to ask for definitive whitelisting to the
> admin? At least for the merkel ip. "

Then someone is spoofing your UserAgent from several places, because we
get one spider hitting us every single day with the UA of "btslink",
reaching for the same content (and not even using HTTP/1.1, which would
be significantly more efficient, or checking Last-Modified or Expires
headers.

But further digging shows that the IPs that reverse to those hosts are
not blocked in any way from our end. Can you give me a set of IPs which
you see as being "blacklisted" so I can check those instead? Or can you
reach the bugtracker pages now?