Some proposed fixes

Olivier Berger olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu
Mon Jun 22 15:07:58 UTC 2009

Hi.

/me asked for a review... you've been warned ;)

Le lundi 22 juin 2009 à 14:50 +0200, Sandro Tosi a écrit :
> Only now I realize the bug we introduced with [1] commit:
>
> [1] http://git.debian.org/?p=users/olberger-guest/my-bts-link.git;a=commit;h=f4dc2e0e2b1a035d1d50c39b4c65622fced51720
>
> May you please give me more highlights about what problems are you
> trying to address with uri.lower()?

I was trying to solve some mismatches between upercase and lowercase
URIs/patterns which in principle were supposed to allow more bugs to be
tracked (although I should have taken note of which exactly). IIRC,
there was some forwarded-to which mentioned variants of the DNS or
things like that with CamelCase-like URIs... which should now work...
unless I borked it all.

> with this change, ALL the uri in btslink.cfg must be lowecase (that's the reason
> for the spot in unmatched urls in the 2009-06-18 run), else they won't
> match (see gcc* U tags).

Hmmm... Maybe I haven't identified that problem :-(

Sorry.

I guess you'd have to compare two runs with and without it... I'm afraid
to do a full run that might cause blacklisting and such.

Or maybe the gcc bugfmt canonical URLs should be changed to be traditional bugzilla CGI calls patterns... which then would be lowercase ? ;)

Or some smarter algorithm which would only lowercase the FQDN part ?

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER <olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu>