Some proposed fixes

Sandro Tosi morph at debian.org
Tue Jun 23 06:46:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 17:07, Olivier
Berger<olivier.berger at it-sudparis.eu> wrote:
> /me asked for a review... you've been warned ;)

eheh, and you catched a bug in my eye-error-parser ;)

> Le lundi 22 juin 2009 à 14:50 +0200, Sandro Tosi a écrit :
>> Only now I realize the bug we introduced with [1] commit:
>>
>> [1] http://git.debian.org/?p=users/olberger-guest/my-bts-link.git;a=commit;h=f4dc2e0e2b1a035d1d50c39b4c65622fced51720
>>
>> May you please give me more highlights about what problems are you
>> trying to address with uri.lower()?
>
> I was trying to solve some mismatches between upercase and lowercase
> URIs/patterns which in principle were supposed to allow more bugs to be
> tracked (although I should have taken note of which exactly). IIRC,
> there was some forwarded-to which mentioned variants of the DNS or
> things like that with CamelCase-like URIs... which should now work...
> unless I borked it all.

ok, now I got the purpose of this change :)

>> with this change, ALL the uri in btslink.cfg must be lowecase (that's the reason
>> for the spot in unmatched urls in the 2009-06-18 run), else they won't
>> match (see gcc* U tags).
>
> Hmmm... Maybe I haven't identified that problem :-(
>
> Sorry.

me neither when committed, so no need to be sorry ;)

> I guess you'd have to compare two runs with and without it... I'm afraid
> to do a full run that might cause blacklisting and such.
>
> Or maybe the gcc bugfmt canonical URLs should be changed to be traditional bugzilla CGI calls patterns... which then would be lowercase ? ;)
>
> Or some smarter algorithm which would only lowercase the FQDN part ?

I think this [1] commit should solve the situation: it might not be
that elegant, but it allows to fix the regression and also achive your
target of lowering case to widen the match.

[1] http://git.debian.org/?p=bts-link/bts-link.git;a=commitdiff;h=7ff98a8965f0e9a7b7ce801cdc8e7ce157caefdd

> Hope this helps.

Yes it it!

Cheers,