[Buildd-tools-devel] Removing strict distribution check

Michael Banck mbanck@debian.org
Tue, 7 Dec 2004 10:41:22 +0100

On Mon, Dec 06, 2004 at 07:07:27PM +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> One of the reasons why I heavily disagree is that you could quite
> easily install (or purge) some packages in your normal file tree by a
> little spelling error.

I agree that accidently building in / instead of a chroot would be a bad
thing (not necessarily only because packages get installed and then
purged again) which I overlooked.

However, I think it would be much better to just check for the existence
of 'chroot-$distribution' and abort if it is not found instead of making
this a configuration value. What practical purpose would that config
value serve?

Michael