[Buildd-tools-devel] CVS access and other bits

Jesus Climent jesus.climent at hispalinux.es
Mon Jul 18 09:05:14 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 08:24:54PM +0200, Francesco Paolo Lovergine wrote:

> > Longer term, do you plan on packaging the rest of wanna-build, buildd
> > etc.  The last time I checked, the diff between your sbuild and
> > wanna-build CVS was only slightly different, but things may have
> > changed.
> >

> Yes, it's also an idea. For sure, w-b sbuild has a bit different
> requirements and goals, so we (maybe) should preserve its features
> and try being compatible. BTW, I dunno how ftpmasters are interested
> in a common (and shared) set of tools, indeed. So that could be a
> total waste of time.

wanna-build is under NEW for already 3 weeks (might even be almost 4) and
counting. I got a IRC private from J. Jaspert informing that Ryan Murray
wanted to talk to me about my ITP, but i am still waiting (already 3 weeks)
for his mail. He does not answer to mail, nor pings on irc. That is a bit
annoying, since i cannot join interests and goals in wanna-build.

About the package, it has been modified to include the needed documentation
bits which were missing. Also, a new option (--offer) has been added, which
implements a way to request a package, according to arbitrary ordering flags,
from a default distribution or an arbitrary one.

The latest version uploaded to NEW has a bug, because the tools I am using to
get the package string relies on the output, and in some cases it outputs
garbage. It has been solved in my private svn tree, but is still discouraging
to see that no action is taken in the incoming package.

If anyone wants access to the package, i will upload it to ppl.debian.org or
to my personal web page.

Jesus Climent                                      info:www.pumuki.org
Unix SysAdm|Linux User #66350|Debian Developer|2.6.10|Helsinki Finland
GPG: 1024D/86946D69 BB64 2339 1CAA 7064 E429  7E18 66FC 1D7F 8694 6D69

Pray that there's intelligent life somewhere out in space / 'Cause there's
bugger all down here on earth!
		--Man (Monty Python's The Meaning of Life)