[Buildd-tools-devel] dchroot not working

Roger Leigh rleigh at whinlatter.ukfsn.org
Thu Jul 27 17:49:25 UTC 2006

Mauricio Ortiz Calvao <orca at if.ufrj.br> writes:

> My problem is: I have a sarge i386 installation in my desktop and
> have recently decided to check the status of etch release,
> particularly as regards openoffice 2.0 and gfortran. I installed the
> etch chroot according to the instructions of the Debian reference
> and the site debian-administration. Under the chroot itself
> everything seems to be working fine; however when I try to dchroot
> (either as normal or root user) from the sarge system, via
>
> $ dchroot -c etch -d openoffice
>
> the following text pops up:
>
> (etch) openoffice
> /usr/bin/openoffice: line 7: my: command not found
> /usr/bin/openoffice: line 9: my: command not found
> /usr/bin/openoffice: line 11: my: command not found
> /usr/bin/openoffice: openoffice: line 13: syntax error near unexpected
> token `{'
> /usr/bin/openoffice: openoffice: line 13: `if ($SystemInstallDir =~ /^@/)
> {'
> dchroot: Child exited non-zero.
> dchroot: Operation failed.
>

> Could you give me any help?

Which version of dchroot are you using?

/usr/bin/openoffice is a perl script.  It looks like what gets run
here is a shell, which obviously can't read perl scripts.

Try running with "strace -f -ff -F -o /tmp/dchroot.log dchroot -c etch
-d openoffice" (as root), and then check all the logfiles to see what
gets run.  tar them up and mail them to me if you want me to take a
look.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh
   `-    GPG Public Key: 0x25BFB848   Please sign and encrypt your mail.