[Buildd-tools-devel] Switch to Subversion repository

Roger Leigh rleigh at whinlatter.ukfsn.org
Thu Mar 30 15:47:17 UTC 2006

I have saved the current CVS repository.  It's available here if
anyone wants to keep a safe backup of it:
  http://people.debian.org/~rleigh/buildd-tools-cvsroot.tar.gz
You can also download it from:
  alioth:/org/alioth.debian.org/cvstarballs/buildd-tools-cvsroot.tar.gz

I used cvs2svn to convert the existing repository into a subversion
dump, then used "svnadmin load" to restore the dump on svn.debian.org.

Please note that any further commits to the CVS repository will not be
transferable to the SVN repository.  If you have any outstanding
commits, you'll need to do a "cvs diff" and reapply that to a working
copy of the SVN repo, and commit there instead.

The new Subversion repository is at svn.debian.org.  It's available
here for browsing:
  http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/buildd-tools
  http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/buildd-tools/trunk/sbuild/?rev=0&sc=0
  http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/buildd-tools/trunk/schroot/?rev=0&sc=0

To check out a copy to work with, you need to run:
  svn co svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/buildd-tools/trunk/sbuild sbuild
  svn co svn+ssh://svn.debian.org/svn/buildd-tools/trunk/schroot schroot

You might want to copy over your SSH key to .ssh/authorized_keys to
make this more convenient.

To check out a read-only copy anonymously, run:
  svn co svn://svn.debian.org/svn/buildd-tools/trunk/sbuild sbuild
  svn co svn://svn.debian.org/svn/buildd-tools/trunk/schroot schroot

Please let me know if there are any problems.  This is the first CVS
to SVN conversion I've done, so there may possibly be teething
problems.

Regards,
Roger

--