[Buildd-tools-devel] Licensing under the GPL version 3

Roger Leigh rleigh at whinlatter.ukfsn.org
Sat Aug 4 13:22:36 UTC 2007

Hi folks,

I have been considering relicensing schroot under GPLv3 (or later).
The finalised licence appears to be considered DFSG-free, and I do
like the additional protections it offers the user (and developer),
e.g. with regard to software patents.

sbuild and buildd-tools are, like schroot, also licensed as GPLv2 (or
later), so it would be possible to relicence as GPLv3 (or later) if
there was concensus to do that.

Does anyone have any comments?

Thanks,
Roger