[Buildd-tools-devel] Moving from SVN to GIT

Roger Leigh rleigh at whinlatter.ukfsn.org
Mon Aug 6 20:34:14 UTC 2007

Luk Claes <luk at debian.org> writes:

> Roger Leigh wrote:
>> I was considering moving the SVN repository we are currently using
>> over to GIT.

>> We could continue to use it in a centralised fashion, whereby we all
>> can commit to a central repository, or distributed.  It will also
>> allow people without commit access to clone and commit to their own
>> repositories, and then allow us to pull their changes.
>
> Centralised would be fine IMHO.

OK, that's cool.

>> If this is OK, would anyone object to doing this at some point in the
>> future (probably mid-September)?
>
> Hmm, are you asking for volunteers to do it or are you asking if anybody
> objects to it happening?
>
> In the latter case: I don't object :-)

That was what I meant!  I have an (empty) directory on git.debian.org
ready to go, but I won't have time to do this (or any other) work on
sbuild/schroot for the next 3 weeks anyway while I finish my MSc, so
there's no rush for it.

BTW, I also meant to ask how this would affect the translation teams,
since they currently have the ability to check out SVN.  Would they be
OK with a git repo?

Thanks,
Roger

--