[Buildd-tools-devel] schroot bash_completion

Roger Leigh rleigh at whinlatter.ukfsn.org
Mon Oct 1 07:00:47 UTC 2007

"Raphaël Pinson" <raphink at gmail.com> writes:

> On 8/27/07, Roger Leigh <rleigh at whinlatter.ukfsn.org> wrote:
>
>     Just to check, do bash completions usually get provided by the
>     package, or do they go in a central package?  I ask because the zsh
>     one is provided with zsh
>     (/usr/share/zsh/4.3.4/functions/Completion/Debian/_schroot).
>
> /etc/bash_completion contains basic rules and is provided by the bash package.
> The files in /etc/bash_completion.d/ are for other commands and are provided by
> the packages providing the programs. They usually bear the name of the package
> providing them, and can contain rules for several commands. For this reason, I
> suggest that the schroot package install the /etc/bash_completion.d/schroot
> file.
>
> I changed the license to GPL v2 or greater in the file, and I'm sending you a
> (tested in a sid pbuilder) debdiff for the current package in sid.

Thanks.  I just have a couple of further questions.

1) This patch installs everything into the debian directory.  However,
   is /etc/bash_completion.d Debian-specific, or is this common to all
   distributions using bash?

   If so, I could distribute it along with the upstream files in
   bin/schroot.

2) Would it be OK to modify this for the dchroot and dchroot-dsa
   commands?  These are just alternate forms of schroot, with a
   slightly altered command-line syntax (for compatibility with older
   programs).

BTW, I changed the licence on everything to GPLv3 in the git
repository last week, so it can now go in a GPLv3 or above.

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh