[Buildd-tools-devel] git sbuild repository problem

Roger Leigh rleigh at whinlatter.ukfsn.org
Tue Jul 8 09:56:11 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 05:13:37PM -0400, Francois-Denis Gonthier wrote:
> Pardon my git noobness first.

No problem--I don't claim to be an expert!

> I'm having problem cloning the git repository for sbuild:
>
> with git 1:1.5.6-1 on a Debian Sid computer box I get:

[please could you tell us the full command you used to clone?]
> Initialize sbuild/.git
> Initialized empty Git repository in /tmp/sbuild/sbuild/.git/
> warning: remote HEAD refers to nonexistent ref, unable to checkout.

I also get this.

> Initialized empty Git repository in /home/neumann/sbuild/.git/
> Cannot get remote repository information.
> Perhaps git-update-server-info needs to be run there?

I ran git (repack,gc,update-server-info).  If you wait 6 hours for the
http to be updated (unlike git://, there's a 6 hour delay), then I would
be interested to hear if anything changed.

> There seem to be a problem with the http transport only.  If I use the
> git protocol, I have no problems.

git is the recommended protocol; http use is not encouraged.  I think
you're the first one to try it out and find it's broken.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh