[Buildd-tools-devel] git sbuild repository problem

Roger Leigh rleigh at whinlatter.ukfsn.org
Tue Jul 8 17:43:30 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 12:54:44PM -0400, Francois-Denis Gonthier wrote:
> Roger Leigh wrote:
> >
> > git is the recommended protocol; http use is not encouraged.  I think
> >  you're the first one to try it out and find it's broken.
>
> It's now working thank you.

That's good to know, thanks.  I'll see if I can set up a git hook script
to do this automatically, or else it won't be kept up-to-date.  If I
can't do that, a cron job should work.

> BTW, you are not alone with a broken Git HTTP repository.  Randomly
> cloning a handful of repository from git.debian.org resulted in a failed
> clone with error similar to what I obtained yesterday.

Thanks for checking.  I'll let the system administrators know; it might
be something they can fix for all the repositories at once.

Thanks,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh