[buildd-tools-devel] schroot version 1.3.2 released

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Mon Dec 21 23:50:35 UTC 2009

Hi, and (almost) Merry Christmas!

I've tagged and uploaded schroot 1.3.2 following fixing the last
remaining blocker for release.  This release is still aimed at
experimental, but it's now got all the blockers ironed out with
feedback from testers and we should have a 1.4.0 stable release
in unstable sometime in the new year, time permitting.

Thanks to everyone who tested and fed back bug reports and patches.

Any further testing would be greatly appreciated.  At this point,
there should be no danger or surprise using this in production,
so it's now a matter of tidying and polishing to make a nice
stable release for squeeze (we can defer any major new work now
until we branch off 1.4 in the new year).

The only thing I want to really check up on is the status of union
support.  We did get some feedback about failures if the base and
overlay filesystems were on the same device.  Is this going to be
a widespread issue, and can we check for this and issue an
appropriate diagnostic?  Are there any other failure cases we
need to be aware of in addition?

Regards,
Roger

Geoffrey Thomas (4):
      build: Only use silent-rules if it's available
      scripts/git-version: Ask git for date differently
      build: Auto-detect whether -mt is needed for Boost libs
      etc/setup.d/00check: Permit union chroots on the root directory

Helge Kreutzmann (1):
      po: Update de translation

Jonathan Callen (1):
      sbuild::chroot_block_device: Build correctly when LVM snapshot support is not available

Roger Leigh (11):
      Bump version to 1.3.2
      debian: Close #560832
      sbuild::chroot_block_device: Create session file
      debian: Close #557197
      20copyfiles: Allow copying of special files
      debian: Close #559019
      20copyfiles: Remove debug line
      po: Update
      sbuild::chroot: Remove obsolete EXEC_START and EXEC_STOP
      sbuild::chroot_block_device: Create session file when using union
      debian: Close #561033

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh