No subject

Wed Jul 1 08:41:29 UTC 2009

> The current code reruns the failing script. The fs-union code doesn't
> depend on this feature, as this is just a fix for the problem with
> loopback chroots without fs-union, where the stop-skript 15killprocs
> killed the running chroot when starting a second session, which failed
> and killed the first session.

10mount failed for the second chroot and on cleanup the "stop" script
15killprocs kills the running session.

> * The patches you just posted very likely contain bits I didn't
>   merge due to either just missing them by accident or
>   deliberately choosing not to merge them (such as the UUID
>   stuff).  It would be great if you could go through and see
>   if we are missing anything that still needs adding.

There are some additional cleanups in my FSU v3 patchset:

- Remove "plain" from all scripts and abort 00check, just in case
  someone mixes old schroot with new scripts
- Install to debian/tmp to make dh_prep work correctly
- Remove the backup header template produced by bootstrap, when run twice
- The loopback chroot test, but without the UUID stuff
- If accepted as a fix / workaround for the loopback without fs-union
  problem the run-parts patch
- Reusing loopback devices for the same chroots - not sure if there is a
  limit, but reusing is simple
- Protecting set_run_setup_scripts
- The private member chroot::session_id is never set, but used for
  get_keyfile_name() - one reason, why session files currently fail. Why
  are there two session_ids in chroot and chroot_session, anyway?

> * Testing.  Lots and lots of testing.  I've done all the merging
>   work, but not yet seen what's broken.  We need to go through
>   and make sure all the different chroot types still function
>   correctly and fix and add testcases for all the breakage.
>   Previously, I was seeing breakage with --begin-session where
>   --run-session would break due to some of the session data
>   being missing; I'll need to check that again.

I just built and tested master with test loopback union.

chroot -b -c loop runs the scripts, but doesn't create the session file at
all; /var/lib/schroot/session is empty.

schroot -c loop works, as it doesn't need to reread the file.

Regards,
Jan-Marek