[Buildd-tools-devel] sbuild 0.58.0 released

Philipp Kern pkern at debian.org
Mon Mar 9 10:51:21 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 08, 2009 at 10:22:02PM +0000, Roger Leigh wrote:
>   6) Unless configured as a buildd ($sbuild_mode), when using sudo
>      chroot access, chroots are searched for in /etc/sbuild/chroots.
>      This directory should contain symlinks to the chroots, with the
>      distribution name being the name of the symlink.  Buildd mode
>      will continue to use the old method of current-$distribution
>      symlinks in the current directory.

current-$distro or chroot-$distro?  Because the latter is used on the
official buildds.  (However TBH we will unify on neuro's buildd first
anyway.)

>   7) The log format used for build logs has been updated to use a more
>      readable format, and is now encoded in UTF-8 rather than
>      US-ASCII.  Code which parses the log file may need to be updated
>      to handle the new format.  Further log format changes made in the
>      future.

Please do not touch the subject in any case.  This would break even more
horribly than the log format changes themselves.

>   9) The wanna-build configuration has moved from
>      /etc/wanna-build/wanna-build.conf into /etc/sbuild/sbuild.conf as
>      part of ongoing refactoring work.  It is expected that this will
>      be split into a separate file in the future once this work is
>      completed.

Huh? Isn't that a layering violation again?

>   12) wanna-build changes from the official Debian wanna-build
>       installation have been merged.

They are?  Which revs are those?

Kind regards,
Philipp Kern
--
 .''`.  Philipp Kern                        Debian Developer
: :' :  http://philkern.de                         Release Assistant
  `-    finger pkern/key at db.debian.org