[Buildd-tools-devel] Upgrades in the host system?

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Mon Mar 16 19:20:04 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 05:02:24PM +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:

> it's been pointed to me (thanks Stephane, Cc'd) that sbuild-createchroot
> happens to trigger upgrades in the *host* system, which I've just
> reproduced.

I'm not sure about this, unless there's a bug in the Sbuild::ChrootPlain
class (more on that below).

> Instead of ending up as “before” (some weeks ago), after displaying the
> info written to the temporary chroot config file, it went on updating
> the APT indices, then upgrading, resulting in an upgrade of the host
> system:

Note that these paths are all inside the chroot:

> | I: Base system installed successfully.
> | I: Configured APT /etc/apt/sources.list:

We could probably prefix them with TARGET to make it more obvious.

> | E: Can't remove /etc/sbuild/chroot/sid-amd64-sbuild: not a symbolic link

This message is erroneous.  It didn't exist.  I'll fix that.

> | I: sudo chroot configuration linked as /etc/sbuild/chroot/sid-amd64-sbuild.

This is a symlink for sbuild to use in sudo mode.

Setting up bits inside the chroot:
> | I: Creating build directory: /build
> | I: Creating sbuild directory: /var/lib/sbuild
> | I: Creating sbuild lock directory: /var/lib/sbuild/srcdep-lock

Now here we (inside the chroot, I hope) run apt-get update and then
apt-get upgrade.