[Buildd-tools-devel] schroot unionfs support

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Wed Mar 18 18:27:16 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 03:58:42PM +0100, Jan-Marek Glogowski wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> On Fri, 13 Mar 2009, Tim Abbott wrote:
>
> > I was thinking about doing the work to update the original patch to
> > current schroot master and include the fixes that Waseem mentioned in his
> > post [2] so that this functionality can be merged.
>
> I already have a (giant) patch for schroot and sbuild, which make
> fs-union a "chroot-options" class inheriting from chroot_source and
> basically makes allmost all real chroot classes inherit from it.
>
> I'm unsing it with directory and loopback chroots, but it should work with
> block devices too.
>
> I have attached an archive with the new files, the git diffs and the git
> status files (schroot--sbuild.tar.bz2).

Wow, thanks!

> Actually next weekend I planned to split this stuff into git commits, but
> since I'm leaving next week for a two months holiday to Canada, I'm not
> sure I'll manage it.

I'm sure we can split it up if you don't have time.  Many thanks for
doing this work!

I don't know if I'll have time this week, but I'm sure I'll do it
as soon as possible (unless anyone else can take the time to turn
it into a set of git commits or patch series for me to merge).

BTW, are you happy with all your work here being licensed under the
same terms as the rest of the project (GPL3+)?

Thanks,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh