[buildd-tools-devel] Setting up wanna-build & friends howto?

Felipe Sateler fsateler at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 03:47:03 UTC 2009

Is there a howto on how to setup wanna-build, buildd, quinn-diff and
sbuild to act as a buildd network? By reading documentation I was able
to figure out the general workflow, but not the specific details.

I am doing this:

1. Install wanna-build and quinn-diff from sid.
2. Create a buildd user.
3. chown buildd /var/lib/wanna-build
4. Run quinn-diff with a Packages/Source pair
5. Point /etc/buildd/wanna-build.conf to the archive to get the
packages.
5. Try to import everything into wanna-build -> this is what I'm
currently stuck at.

I try to import the packages and then the quinn-diff:

% sudo -u buildd wanna-build --merge-packages --create-db < Packages
Use of uninitialized value $prevstate in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/perl5/WannaBuild/Database.pm line 1976, <> chunk 1.
Use of uninitialized value $prevstate in string eq at /usr/share/perl5/WannaBuild/Database.pm line 1989, <> chunk 1.
Can't modify non-lvalue subroutine call at /usr/share/perl5/WannaBuild/Database.pm line 1285, <> chunk 1.
% echo $?
25
% sudo -u buildd wanna-build --merge-quinn < quinn-diff
Use of uninitialized value $prevstate in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/perl5/WannaBuild/Database.pm line 1976, <> line 1.
Use of uninitialized value $prevstate in string eq at /usr/share/perl5/WannaBuild/Database.pm line 1989, <> line 1.
Use of uninitialized value $prevstate in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/perl5/WannaBuild/Database.pm line 1976, <> line 2.
Use of uninitialized value $prevstate in string eq at /usr/share/perl5/WannaBuild/Database.pm line 1989, <> line 2.
Use of uninitialized value $prevstate in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/share/perl5/WannaBuild/Database.pm line 1976, <> line 3.
Use of uninitialized value $prevstate in string eq at /usr/share/perl5/WannaBuild/Database.pm line 1989, <> line 3.
% echo $?
0

% sudo -u buildd wanna-build -v ffmpeg-extra_4:0.5+svn20090609-2debimedia1 # This package is in the archive I'm trying to process
wanna-build (Debian sbuild) 0.59.0 (02 Aug 2009) on pcfelipe.sateler.com
Using database build-db/unstable
Checking for maintenance lock
Locking /var/lib/wanna-build/build-db-unstable database
Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/share/perl5/WannaBuild/Database.pm line 554.
ffmpeg-extra: ok
Unlocking /var/lib/wanna-build/build-db-unstable database

However ffmpeg is missing in my arch.

BTW, should I file bugs about all those uninitialized variables? Also,
what is wanna-build.conf for if you need to pass the Packages and
quinn-diff to stdin?

--
Saludos,
Felipe Sateler