[buildd-tools-devel] schroot version 1.3.0 released, testers wanted!

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Sat Oct 17 09:53:08 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 11:30:24AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> [ please Cc:-me when replying to buildd-tools-devel, I'm not subscribed ]
>
> On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 11:44:40PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> > I have released schroot version 1.3.0, which will shortly be uploaded
> > to Debian experimental.  This will undergo further testing and gain
> > a few more features and fixes (see the TODO file) before it enters
> > Debian unstable as a 1.4.x stable series targeted at squeeze.
>
> Out of curiosity, is #535943 on your roadmap for squeeze as well?
> Unfortunately, I'm not ready to volunteer to help out right now, but it
> would help in planning contribution knowing whether such wishlist
> feature is on your radar or not.

It's not the highest priority item--there are some other tasks which
are higher on my list which will need doing first.  However, if time
permits there is no reason why this can't be done for squeeze.

This is probably not too much work, so I would welcome anyone who
sends me any patches to do it!  It's by no means necessary, but it
would make it happen faster!

I think the postinst is the best place to do the chroot creation
(packaging it would be too large).  Batch upgrades are already
supported, and one of the things I want to do is allow this to be
automated (so you can use --all-source-chroot -- apt-get update
rather than several -c options)

Regards,
Roger

--