[buildd-tools-devel] the state of daily-builds

Andreas Barth aba at not.so.argh.org
Thu Apr 1 13:52:56 UTC 2010

* Frans Pop (elendil at planet.nl) [100401 15:08]:
> On Thursday 01 April 2010, Andreas Barth wrote:

> > If the build-only could also be more verbose (i.e. logging during build)
> > I'd appreciate that even more.
>
> Would it be OK if you have to set 'LOG_TO_STDOUT=1' for that in the
> environment? If it is, I have a patch (not yet committed) that does that.

Anything that could be automated, so yes of course. I'll just add that
to my scripts already now, it shouldn't hurt.

> The patch is a bit of a hack due to the use of the pipefail option (needed
> in order not to lose the exit code from make in the pipe to tee), which
> requires bash. But it's the simplest way I could make it work. The main
> changes are included below in case anyone sees a more elegant solution.
>
> > > There have been no amd64 builds the last few days. Any idea why?
> >
> > Yes. They used keys w/o a forced command.
>
> Ah, OK. It would have been nice if disabling that could have waited until
> after the buildd was converted. Please give re-enabling amd64 priority
> over other arches.

I can add the amd64 one tonight.

> > hppa waits on DSA right now. powerpc sometimes this week.
>
> Great. Please let us know when builds are activated so we can update the
> D-I web page.

I hope I don't forget to inform you - I'm keen on gettting it done
because we'll get experimental at the same time.

> > > Should we now set up all arches this way, or do people want to keep
> > > their existing builds? I would be happy to have the s390 builds (which
> > > I currently run) done on a buildd.
> >
> > I don't mind. It doesn't take too much effort to set it up, once all
> > the preconditions are in place. And it's just "yet another thing
> > built".
>
> OK. I guess we'll get back to you on that. I'd like to hear what Joey
> thinks of that as he currently runs two arches, including i386.
>
> BTW, what contact address should we use for these builds? I.e, who (or
> better: what team) will be maintaining them?

We didn't finally discuss it yet, but I would like if we could just
use $arch at buildd.d.o like for it. As of today, please continue to keep
me in Cc for any requests or issues, until we have successfully
transitioned to all. (As this is done by the buildd user, any buildd
admin could fix all by himself.)

Andi