[buildd-tools-devel] the state of daily-builds

Frans Pop elendil at planet.nl
Tue Apr 6 18:01:46 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 06 April 2010, Gaudenz Steinlin wrote:
> I'm not sure if I understand this correctly. But i think it would be
> very helpfull to debug problems if the build log of failed builds is
> available somewhere and linked from the daily builds webpage.

Please read the daily-build script: if the D-I build itself was failing
then the logs *would* be copied and available. So, if there are no powerpc
builds now, then something at a higher level (i.e. the scripts that
prepare the build environment and run the builds) is failing and the logs
that are currently being copied and linked from the daily builds page
would not help at all.

I agree that info about what is failing would be helpful, but that would be
a *new* feature. My suggestion was only to concentrate first on providing
*existing* functionality for all architectures and only then look at
extending the functionality.

Probably the "meta" logs should be copied separately from the existing logs
and to a slightly different location, but of course both should be linked
from the daily builds page.