[buildd-tools-devel] edos-(build)debcheck - the next generation

Ralf Treinen Ralf.Treinen at pps.jussieu.fr
Thu Aug 5 19:54:40 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 05, 2010 at 07:11:52PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> * Ralf Treinen (Ralf.Treinen at pps.jussieu.fr) [100802 02:25]:
> > On Sat, Jul 31, 2010 at 08:28:14PM +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
> > > * Ralf Treinen (treinen at debian.org) [100726 22:50]:
> > >
> > > I'd like to specify an arch to use, and have both edos to ignore
> > > packages of other arches, and satisfy the proper arch-specificy
> > > depends (i.e. works with something like "Depends: a [linux-any], b
> > > [i386 amd64]").
> >
> > are you talking about edos-debcheck or edos-BUILDdebcheck here?
> > build-debcheck (the next generation) has already that feature. For
> > edos-debcheck, this could easily be achieved by filtering the
> > packages file through grep-dctrl, since for binary packages
> > there are no architecture constraints on the package relations
> > (as oposed to source packages). But we can consider adding such
> > an option to edos-debcheck too if you really need it.
>
> Looking at the recent discussions, I'm not sure how long that
> continues to be the case for arch-all-packages.

OK, this is probably a good argument to implement an option that
says "assume that we are on architecture xxx".

Any pointers to that ongoing discussion you mention? Are you planning
for arch=all a field like "installs-on: x, y, z", or are you also
thinking of having architecture specifications on package relations
(like for build-depends) ?

-Ralf
--
Ralf Treinen
Laboratoire Preuves, Programmes et Systèmes