[buildd-tools-devel] re buildd's resolver and package's build deps

Lars Wirzenius liw at liw.fi
Thu Mar 17 08:40:13 UTC 2011

On to, 2011-03-17 at 08:32 +0000, Roger Leigh wrote:
> You can get the same effect with "file" chroots (tarball unpack).  It's
> not that slow providing your tarball is really minimal, and it works
> on all architectures.  I used this for the whole archive rebuild after
> LVM snapshots oopsed and then froze the kernel.

As a data point for comparison: Some years ago, when I ran piuparts
tests on the archive myself, it took a few seconds to unpack the
piuparts chroot tarball.

An LVM snapshot or other such magic might be faster than that, but the
actual build or install test is so much slower that it is hardly worth
worrying about a few seconds.

--
Blog/wiki/website hosting with ikiwiki (free for free software):
http://www.branchable.com/