[buildd-tools-devel] Status of logging in sbuild

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Wed Jan 25 13:51:43 UTC 2012

+++ Roger Leigh [2012-01-25 12:55 +0000]:
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 11:49:50AM +0100, Max Thoursie wrote:
>
> Ideally, sbuild would just send *everything* to stdout/err and not
> contain any logging at all, leaving this up to buildd, which could
> redirect the streams when invoking it, but it looks like we're
> stuck with it for the time being.

Seconded. In practice I've found using it with --nolog so that the calling
process gets to direct the log output the easiest way to integrate it.

For people using it like pbuilder as a one-shot command-line
build-in-context tool I can see that keeping logs on disk in a
standard place is probably useful.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/