[buildd-tools-devel] Cant get up schroot on LMDE

Roger Leigh rleigh at codelibre.net
Thu Jan 3 22:00:46 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 03, 2013 at 08:17:30PM +0100, Markus Feldmann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i am on a LMDE(Linux Mint Debian Edition System) and  trying to
> setup a <schroot> for isolating my <firefox> for secure reasons.
> However i setup a schroot profile in </etc/schroot/schroot.conf> and
> then open a console session with <schroot -c lmde>. Here is my
> </etc/schroot/schroot.conf>:
> [lmde]
> type=directory
> description=Linux Mint Debian Edition
> directory=/srv/chroot/lmde
> users=markus
> groups=users,markus
> root-groups=root
> aliases=testing
>
> Do i miss some further setup steps?

Possibly.  What's in /srv/chroot/lmde ?  This directory should
contain the chroot itself.  The configuration above is just
telling schroot where the chroot is, and how is allowed to use
it; you also need to create the chroot as well.

e.g.
% ls /srv/chroots/sid
bin   build  etc  home  lib64  mnt  proc  run   selinux  sys    test  usr
boot  dev    foo  lib   media  opt  root  sbin  srv      sysfs  tmp   var

The typical way to do this is to install and run "debootstrap".
I have never debootstrapped "LMDE" though; I've always done it
using plain Debian, but it should be possible.

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh