[buildd-tools-devel] sbuild: multiarch build support

Wookey wookey at wookware.org
Wed Dec 31 23:55:01 UTC 2014

+++ Philipp Kern [2014-12-28 13:32 +0100]:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 11:21:17AM +0100, Wookey wrote:
> > We've (Dima Kogan and I) just got support for multiarch builds working in sbuild.
> >
> > This removes one blocker for having multiarch-built cross-toolchains in the archive.
> >
> > If anyone at debconf can help us with applying this to the sbuild used
> > on buildds we'd love to be able to upload a cross-gcc package that
> > uses it so we can test other parts of the infra (wanna-build, dak,
> > britney). (The tests I just did were using https://buildd.debian.org/apt/pool/wheezy/sbuild_0.64.0-1+buildd20140816.0.dsc which I think is the right version)
> >
> > The patch simply identifies explicit arch-qualified build-deps (of the
> > form libfoo:arch) and if present runs dpkg --add-foreign-architecture
> > arch (as it already does for cross-builds). Apt takes care of the rest.
> >
> > The second part (for removing the arch after the build (on permanent
> > chroots)) needs more work as usually there are binaries of the foreign
> > arch installed so the arch-removal fails.
> >
> > Comments on the code are welcome.
> >
> > These patches apply to both the 0.64.0-1+build20140816.0 above and to
> > git master from git+ssh://git.debian.org/git/buildd-tools/sbuild.git
>
> Is this still open? If so, no patch had been attached and no pointer to
> code was provided AFAICS.

Sorry, in my previous message I was confused about the subject - for
some reason I thought you were asking about the wanna-build patches,
not the sbuild patches. My mistake.

The sbuild patches are all in the 0.65 in jessie. So if we just move
to using this on the buildds, then that should work fine.

Re that move, do we still need to produce a special buildd version?
There is still a diff between the mainline version and the buildd team
version, but these days it seems to just be the buildd config file
which probably just ought to go in the package?

Wookey
http://wookware.org/