[buildd-tools-devel] Suggesting RFH bug for sbuild

Bálint Réczey balint at balintreczey.hu
Mon Sep 1 15:34:19 UTC 2014

Hi Geoffrey,

> On Sun, 31 Aug 2014, Balint Reczey wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> During looking for random RC bugs to fix I noticed that sbuild has one
>> and also many bugs with patches bug without follow-up. The overall
>> bug-count is trending up, too.
>>
>> This was the case for pulseaudio as well, but now thanks to and RFH bug
>> [1] the poor state got enough attention and other maintainers (thanks
>> Felipe!) joined the maintenance team and drove the bug count down to a
>> healthy level [2].
>>
>> I think submitting an RFH for sbuild could help here, too, in
>> integrating patches and resolving bugs faster.
>>
>> I would love to help myself, too, but I can't join the team now.
>

> Hi Balint,
>
> I did a scan through all the bugs with patches yesterday, and I'm planning
> to do a team upload later this week, once I get some sleep post-Debconf. :)
> I think most of the outstanding patches are fine. #613903 and #710167
> require further work, but expect to see all the rest fixed in the next
> upload.
Great!

> Unless I'm misreading, I don't think sbuild has any outstanding RC bugs.
> There's #633434, which affects oldstable only; I could pursue fixing that,
> but people are probably better off using the version in squeeze-backports
> anyway.
Sorry, I have not checked the RC bug, just saw it on PTS. I think it
would be better to properly close it since bugs are usually closed
when the fix for them enters unstable.
I don't want to pursue fixing oldstable bugs (except when they are
important for LTS, but this is a different case :-)).

> If you have time to help with patch review for any of the outstanding bugs
> with patches, that would be awesome.
Sure, I will check back after the next upload, but the motivation for
writing my previous email was finding people who would be interested
in regular contribution to the package, because I alone can't make a
real difference here IMO. There are plenty of bugs to triage after the
patches are accepted.

Cheers,
Balint