[buildd-tools-devel] Issue with ecryptfs when using schroot

Pierre Neyron pierre.neyron at free.fr
Sat Jan 24 21:41:52 UTC 2015

Hello,

I'm having an issue with ecryptfs when using schroot.
My ~/Private directory gets umounted when quiting a schroot.

Umount  happens before the setup.d scripts are called when quiting the
schroot. Looking at schroot debug output, I suspect the `pam close
session' call for causing the issue.
Not sure if it's a ecryptfs or a schroot bug actually, or just a pam
configuration issue (my pam setup only results from Debian's setup, no
customization).

My system is installed with Debian Jessie with schroot version
1.6.10-1+b1. I've been testing with other version of the schroot
package, from experimental (1.7.2-2) and from wheezy (1.6.4-4), but the
issue is still there. ecryptfs-utils is version 103-3+b2.
I've been using both schroot and ecryptfs under Wheezy with no problem
before upgrading my system to Jessie a few month ago.

I've seen past reports about issues with schroot+ecryptfs, but they do
not look related.

Could anyone try to reproduce that issue? Could it be fixed?

Thanks
Best regards,
--
Pierre