[buildd-tools-devel] why is sbuilds BUILD_DIR option deprecated?

Johannes Schauer josch at debian.org
Mon Nov 2 14:53:49 UTC 2015

Hi,

the man page of sbuild.conf says:

 BUILD_DIR
     STRING type. This option is deprecated. Directory for chroot symlinks and
     sbuild logs. Defaults to the current directory if unspecified. It is used
     as the location of chroot symlinks (obsolete) and for current build log
     symlinks and some build logs. [...]

Why is this option deprecated?

I found it very useful to tell sbuild to put all its output into a new
directory so that I can easily clean up after an sbuild run.

Or is a script calling sbuild with a dsc expected to first cd into the
directory where the script expects the output before executing sbuild?

So instead I'm actually inclined to expose this option as a command line switch
because it's tedious to pass this option as a custom sbuildrc which is then
passed to sbuild using the SBUILD_CONF environment variable.

Thanks!

cheers, josch